2018 SOKY Fair Demolition Derby rules
The Southern Kentucky Fair, Travis Buckley &
Southern Kentucky Promotions
Present: 2018 Demolition Derby
July 27, 2018 -Lampkin Park- Bowling Green-Kentucky
Gates open for registration at 2:00 pm CST and ends promptly at 6:00pm CST. All cars MUST be registered by 6:00 pm CST or you will not be allowed to run. All cars must enter from the Glen Lily Road gate. If you have any questions please contact Travis Buckley @ 1-270-421-0066
ALL JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL
Only 50% of your car can be painted BLACK. NO SOLID BLACK CARS.
Brand/ Model Specific rules are as follows:
All cars will get 2- “4×4-1/4” plates to use as you see fit.
• They can attach body to frame
• You may bend them, fold them, etc.
• Any cut pieces must be thrown away
• You may not use them as a drive line kicker or in any way that violates any rules below
•You ARE allowed a 6x22x1/4” thick arch plate; the plate must be centered on the hump & on the wheels side of the hump. The plate does not have to be contoured to the frame- it can run straight across.
•You ARE allowed to tilt your cars at the crush box by cutting the flaps, 8” max spacer at the core support.
•You ARE allowed a 7 leaf spring back, 8 clamps, 2’ stagger on springs, you may also change your front sub/k frame bolts to 1” diameter.
OLD IRON AND METRIC WILL RUN TOGETHER.
General Rules & Regulations:
1. ANY American made passenger car or station wagon (Metric are MOSTLY 1977 & up. 1977-2002 Ford, Mercury, Chrysler & 1980 and newer Lincolns) if you have a model that is in question, CALL TRAVIS BUCKEY. DO NOT ASSUME IT WILL PASS. No trucks, Limousine, Imperials, Jeeps or hearses.
2. Fresh Sedagons are NOT allowed
3. ALL GLASS including front, sides, rear, headlights & taillights are to be removed PRIOR to inspection. Rolling down windows will not be permitted.
4. ALL interior seating must be removed
5. It is MANDATORY that ALL seatbelts and brakes are in WORKING order.
6. Battery must be securely fastened and covered in the passenger compartment. ONLY TWO BATTERIES ARE ALLOWED.
7. Front windshield bar is MANDATORY and is limited to a 2” wide X ¼’ thick strap, chain. 9 wire loop, 2X2 angle. This can be attached to the roof to each side of your distributor cut out area.
8. Rear window bar is allowed 2×2 ¼’angle, tubing or flat plate no further than the speaker deck. 5” to attach the roof ONLY. ONE BAR ONLY.
1. You may add up to 4 body mounts; these must be 5/8.
2. ALL body mounts you add or change must have a 1 inch spacer with a max diameter of 3”
3. Your added body mounts maybe welded to the side of the frame and can change direction but you are limited to 4 inches of weld on the frame (continuous), no welding an inch skipping and then welding again. Anything that is overhanging, pinching, clamping or could reinforce the frame in anyway will be cut off.
4. Your locations in the trunk and core support can be replaced with up to 5/8” bolt all threads are to extend through the trunk, roof, deck, lid or hood. This is a maximum of four spots with 5/8”, you may use up to 4” hold down plates.
5. You get 3 (4” plates and 3 nuts to attach each piece of threaded rod) Example: when going through the trunk you may have a plate/ nut on the bottoms of the frame, inside the trunk on top of the frame. Inside the trunk on top of the frame and plate/ nut on top side of the trunk, inside the trunk on top side of the trunk. You may not have one on the bottom of the trunk to keep it from pushing down; this is the same as the hood and roof areas.
6. The remaining spots that you choose are not to extend through the hood, deck, lid, roof and trunk area are to use 5/8” diameter bolts, factory size washers, 1 inch thick spacer between body and frame.
7. Your body mounts may attach to the cage or any part of the cage
8. YOU MAY CHANGE ALL BODY BOLTS AT FACTORY LOCATIONS WITH 5/8.
Gas Tanks and Fuel Pumps
1. Stock gas MUST be removed from the original position; ALL tanks must have a secure cap. A marine tank or fuel cell is strongly recommended. ALL lines and fitting must be leak proof and meet the approval of the track officials. Electric fuel pumps are allowed.
2. ALL lines MUST be run inside the car, not along the frame or underneath
Radiator and Core Support
1. Radiator must be in locked position
2. Any automatic type radiator may be used, ALUMINUM radiators are LEGAL
3. NO homemade radiators allowed
4. NO reserve tanks and NO added cooling capacity
- ONLY one electric fan may be used and mounted to the radiator
6. DO NOT REMOVE CORE SUPPORT.
1. NO body seams may be welded. NO metal can be added.
2. BO doubling body panels allowed. No added metal allowed.
3. NO BODY CREASING IS LIMITED TO REAR QUARTER PANELS AND TRUNK AND FRONT FENDERS ONLY.
4. Fenders MAY be bolted together at a max of 10-3/8” BOLTS ABOVE THE FENDER WELL
5. Doors MAY be chained, wired or welded in the car body. When welding the doors 6” on and 6” off all the way around.
6. NO creasing, welding, or doubling of transmission tunnel, if you touch it YOU WILL CUT IT OUT.
1. Driver’s door CAN be welded solid and may have a door plate on the outside
2. Passenger doors must be welded 6” on 6”off. You MAY have a door plate on the inside of the door.
1. A-Arms are allowed to be welded down by using 2 pieces of 2” x 4 x ¼” per arm (1 front- 1 Rear)
2. If you weld anywhere
3. Spring racers are allowed but NOTHING above the top spring
4. Tie rods must have factory appearance to the ends; you may trace the center tube with angle, after market tire rods are fine but must have factory appearance on end.
5. Factory spindle swaps are okay- Ford to Chevy (vice versa..etc) GM factory lift spindles are okay. Fabricated spindles or aftermarket hubs are allowed.
6. You may replace ball joints or screw ins (aftermarkets are okay)
7. You MAY change A- Arms from new style to old style A-Arms (MUST bolt in factory)
8. All thread suspension shocks (for rear suspension is okay)
MUST OPEN AT INSPECTION, NO EXCEPTIONS
1. Hoods must have two holes at least 4 inches in diameter on each side of the carbonator. It may NOT be directly on the top of the carbonator. If the hood is removed, either the fan or the fan belt must also be removed.
2. Hoods may be secured by two pieces of 1” all threat outboard the radiator. It may NOT be sleeved (meaning the spacer/square tube stops at the bottom of the core support )
3. You are allowed 2 pieces of the double stranded #9 wire across the front of the car from bumper to hood/ core support.
4. You may have up to 10- 3/8” bolts to hold the inner and outer hood skins together
5. Hoods can be held shut with one of the following options
• 6 locations, 6 long pieces of 2”x2” angle with 3/8” bolt through them
• 8 pieces of 9 wire attaching hood to fender
• 8 locations ¼ diameter max bolts going through hood into inner fender with 2”x2” max washer
1. You ARE allowed 10 pieces of double stranded #9 wire from bumper to bottom of trunk lip.
2. You ARE allowed to weld trunks 6” on and 6” off same as the doors with 4” wide and ¼” inch thick
3. You ARE allowed to crease the trunk, quarter panels and rear pillar
4. You MAY have up to 4 -1 inch pieces of threaded rod through your trunk but this WILL count towards your body mount rules
THESE ARE THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS; YOUR CAGE IS FOR YOUR SAFETY, NOT TO STRENGHTEN THE CAR. NO PART OF YOUR CAGE CAN BE A KICKER TO THE FRAME OR DRIVELINE COMPONENT 4” GAP REQUIRED.
1. ALL cars MUST have a safety cage and roll over bar, it can be in the doors
2. A four point cage is required
3. Cage can be made out of four inch pipe, 4 inch square tubing or 5” X 2” box tube MAX
4. Your cage MUST have a dash bar(4 inches off fire wall)
5. A bar MUST be behind driver’s seat
6. There MUST be 2 bars connecting your dash bar to your seat bar (one per side) The bars CANNOT extend past wheel well tubes or firewalls
7. ’Roll over bars CANNOT be more than 6 inches behind driver’s seat, Roll over bar CANNOT attach to the frame. (weld or bolt to sheet metal only, a “ X 6” plate may be used in aiding it to be attached to floor sheet metal, roll over CAN be bolted to the roof)
8. The cage must be welded to sheet metal ONLY, you can have up to 4 down post (2 per side)
9. ALL down tubes MUST be at or behind the dash bar, straight up and down, welded to sheet metal only
10. Gas tank protector must 1” off the floor (NO WELDING OR BOLTING TO PACKAGE TRAY BUT CAN TOUCH)
11. You may weld or bolt your roll over bar to the roof in three places.
1. No welding, plating or reinforcing of the frame
2. ALL factory frame holes must be left open
3. ANY reinforcing of the frame will result in immediate DISQUALIFICATION, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND, YOU WILL NOT HAVE A CHANCE TO FIX IT, and YOU WILL BE LOADED.
4. Sub frame cars may NOT BE tied together, if you want to run a full frame car- buy a full frame car, don’t build one.
5. CORE SUPPORT AND CORE SUPPORT MOUNTING TAB MUST REMAIN IN FACOTORY LOCATION.
6. Rear frame rails may not be shortened
7. No frame shaping
1. Bumpers MAY be loaded, everything inside the envelope of the bumper.
2. Bumper may be harnessed or welded at factory shock to frame and bumper, (if you slide the brackets back on the frame, NO welding on the frame beyond the furthest bumper shock.
3. You may use 10 inch long tubing for shock tubes
4. The following is approved to aid in keeping your bumper on:
• Weld 2 straps per frame horn from the bumper, to the frame of the car no further than 5” back on the frame
• Maximum strap width is 3” and ¼” thick
• Flat in the sides of the frame THIS IS TO AID IN KEEPING BUMPERS ON, DO NOT ABUSE THIS.
• Bumpers can be NO higher than 26” from the ground to the top of the bumper or lower than 14” from the ground to the bottom of the bumper.
Engine and Transmission
1.Any engine and transmission may be used, but must be mounted within 4 inches of factory location.
2.Engine cradles, pulley protector, front plate, mid plate, halos are all okay if they meet size requirement. No spacer or adapter more than 1 inch above bell housing.
3.Any motor mount is fine but must be same size as block mount cavity, and sit on top of K-member like factory!
4.Tranny and engine coolers are okay but may not reinforce car in any way
5.Aftermarket gas and brake pedals okay but may not reinforce car in any way.
6.2×2 tubing or pipe or OEM for crossmember with 3x3x6 piece of angle to frame to attach crossmember. Must be straight across and working 4 inches of factory crossmember location.
7.Transmission- steel tail, bell are okay with 1 bolt or chain to crossmember
8.Tranny braces are okay but no bigger than Nerat tail housing mounts!
FINALLY- DO NOT abuse these rules! Don’t try and find your own grey areas! If you try and twist these rules to fit to your own type of rules you will be upset because you WILL NOT RUN! These are simple and basic rules to follow so DO NOT push it! You are allowed your protectors only so you won’t have to take them off so CUT your firewall, Nothing can be done besides what is stated in the rules.