2020 SOKY FIGURE 8 RACE Info:
GENERAL ADMISSION: $12
GATES OPEN @ 6PM
EVENT STARTS @ 7:30PM FAIRGROUNDS OFFICE- (270)842-7980 –
Gates open for registration at 5:00 pm CST and ends promptly at 6:30pm CST. All cars MUST be registered by 6:30 pm CST or you will not be allowed to run. All cars must enter from the Glen Lily Road gate.
ALL JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL
-CARS MUST BE ON GROUNDS AND REGISTERED BY 6:30 PM
Contact: Timothy Miller (270) 303-9149
- 106”-wheel base maximum-no 8 cylinders
- Each driver must have a valid driver’s license and must be a minimum of 18 years of age, or have a notarized release signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- No professional drivers allowed.
- Any car posing a question of safety will be rejected from competition unless changed on site before the race.
- The track officials reserve the right to approve or reject all entries.
- Each driver must sign a release form at the time of the cars registration and inspection.
- ONLY those who have signed a release will be permitted on the track.
- The Southern Kentucky Fair Board will not be held responsible for any cars, trucks or personal property during or after the event.
- Any car violation discovered during or after the competition will result in disqualification and forfeiture.
- All cars are to me removed from the fairgrounds following the event, if cars stay on fairgrounds past a 48-hour period they will then become property of the Southern Kentucky Fair board.
- The decisions of the judges will be final NO exceptions
- Any driver, pit crew or person speaking for the driver using foul language in the ring, announcers table, or crowd area WILL result in disqualification and forfeiture of ALL prizes.
- The use of illegal drugs or alcohol before or during the event disqualifies the car and the crew of the offending party.
- All participants must be on grounds and registered by 6:00pm CST, the DRIVER MEETING will take place at 6:30pm CST.
- ALL drivers MUST attend DRIVERS meeting.
- No trucks or vans allowed.
- ALL glass except for windshields (including side windows, headlights, tail lights, mirrors etc…) must be removed. Rolling windows down will NOT be permitted.
- Safety belt and approved safety helmets are REQUIRED.
- No special bumper, trailer hitches or reinforcement will be allowed. You may add gussets and radiator support.
- ALL doors must be fastened shut by #9 wire or 5/16 chains (4 points per door) or welded. If your door comes open, you WILL be disqualified.
- All chrome stripping and protruding objects must be removed. Bolts must be cut off and flush with nuts.
- NO sand or concrete in doors or panels. NO water in tanks or tires or any other extra weight devices will be permitted. NO spring jacks or blocked shocks.
- Hood and deck lids must be operational for inspection, you can wire shut. Bolts through Hood may only be 1″ past the nut.
- All vehicles MUST have an operational brake system. Vehicles MUST have brakes before beginning the competition.
- NO double tires. Street tires ONLY.
- The number of HEATS will be determined the night of the race.
- MUST have bar behind the seat. Number of bars on driver’s door are acceptable.
- Only engines matching car manufacturer are allowed. Ex: Ford/Ford GM/GM etc…
- Stock bumper only, you may add gussets and radiator supports.
- If the same car catches fire 2 times you are out of the running of the competition.
- Cars #1 and #2 in each heat line up first.
- A driver MAY help another driver by pushing off of a berm during the race, this is the Drivers choice.
- Feature will STOP and line back up with 10 laps to go.
- If you get out of your car or leave the track you are disqualified, NO substitute drivers.
- If you DO NOT run your heat, you may NOT run in consolation or feature. If your car does not start, there is a 5 min deadline.
- A fire extinguisher up to 3lbs in working order MUST be mounted in the car within reach of the driver.
- MUST have a 4-point harness in car secure and working properly.